Mischo Beauty Challenge: "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2012"


Like I said last year, it's my goal to continue to be a source of motivation and encouragement when it comes to taking care of yourself internally (internal beauty determines outer beauty!) and so I'm continuing the "A Healthy, Sexy & Beautiful 2012" challenge. As Oprah always says "when you know better, you do better". We definitely know better, so let's continue to do better!

As before, I'll provide weekly tips on health, wellness and exercise. Ultimately, each of us will do what works best individually, based on our own needs. First on my agenda is to get a new pair of running shoes! As you all know, I recently had a baby and have been living in the most gorgeous women's flats for the past nine months. I'm looking forward to adding to my shoe wardrobe.

So here are a few items to get you started:

1. Invest in a pedometer and track your steps (so, so easy!). You'll be surprised at how you'll push yourself to get more steps in each day without even realizing it! 7,000-10,000 steps a day are recommended for overall good health.

2. Take a multivitamin daily, and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily.

3. Eat fresh green vegetables at least 3x a week, and make sure you're getting adequate sleep!

4. Check out Kimberly Snyder's blog - it's filled with TONS of great tips and Kimberly is such an inspiration.

5. Yoga = JOY. Let me say that again, Yoga = JOY! If you haven't tried it, you are missing out. Consider joining the 21-day yoga challenge here.

6. Enlist a partner (of course someone who shares the same goals) and hold each other accountable. That pretty much speaks for itself, right? It would be a good idea to invest in an ipod so that working out is easy, I know Best Buy iPods are usually cheap and have free shipping.

And just a reminder- this is not a "weight-loss" challenge, but it is an "inner beauty fitness" challenge. If you're fit internally, then there's no denying it externally! So if you lose weight, and that's your goal, then great. I am not a dietitian, nutritionist, or a medical doctor - so always seek the advice of your doctor!

I'll try to tweet the things I'm doing daily to keep fit and healthy by using the hashtag #HealthySexyBeautiful2012, so feel free to join me in sharing your updates by using it too!

Are you with me? I hope so! Let's get started!

 

3 comments:

TheSeventhDistrict said...

I've been with you since 2011 and I'll definitely be joining in again for 2012. I'm going to continue with my same goals and I've added a biotin supplement for my hair/nails. I'm also prepping for my first 8k! I'm excited! Hope all is well with you and the baby :)

January 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Ah! So very happy to hear all of this!!! Go you! I saw your 8K on Twitter the other day - you can do it!

Please keep me updated on your progress! :)

January 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Anonymous said...

Great idea!

February 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Post a Comment